Yearerday Nate took Cooper and Brody for a walk so I could take a nap. Pretty soon, I hear Coop calling, "Mommy (he says it with a little southern twang: mom-may), as he dashed up the stairs. I scarcely had time to open my eyes before he was shoving something in my face, literally, like right near my eye, while dirt fell on my cheek. He was so excited to give me a "special rock" he'd found on their walk. It was so sweet, and I set it on my nightstand. This morning as I was dressing him, he saw the rock, and said," Oh, your special rock! Do you just love it?" I told him I loved that it was from him and how thoughtful he is. He started telling me about finding it near the stream near our house, and how there were other rocks, but this one was really special, just for me. I love this kid.
He must get it from his father, who tonight after going to Scouts with the teenagers at church, drove out of his way to bring me my favorite ice cream. He also let me sleep in this morning, got up and fed Coop, and multi-tasked work and child care so his tired, pregnant wife could sleep. He's so selfless and wonderful, and a great example to our son.
I love my boys!!
One Last Party
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment