Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve day we did some of the usual.  MeMaw made sugar cookies for the kids to frost.  I think Coop had more fun eating the frosting than putting it on any cookies.
 Michele and I did a lot of cooking that day, but then it was all done for Christmas, and we didn't have to do much cooking at all on Christmas day.  I think we found a new secret to enjoying Christmas a little more!
 That evening we joined Nate's extended Smith family for dinner and gifts at his Aunt Faye's house, as they do every year on Christmas Eve.  With so many little ones, the gift opening was mayhem, shrieks of joy, and giggles. 
 Coop faked a smile for a picture after running through the house, and scraping his face on the corner of some furniture.

 I knew this would likely be the only Christmas picture of the three of us, so despite protests from my husband and child, we snapped a shot.
 We went home and watched Joy to the World with MeMaw and Poppy, helping remind us all the true meaning of Christmas.  Cooper enjoyed watching a movie about Jesus being born, and recounting the story of the first Christmas.  Then we set out some cookies and milk for Santa, and a carrot for the reindeer, and Cooper was off to bed in his new Christmas pjs, excited for Santa to come the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment