Monday, September 8, 2008

Getting better every day

Just finished working for the night and decided I'd better put a less depressing blog out there. Things at work are improving. I took the team to lunch on Friday (paid by the company of course), and between the talk I had with them there, and the things I've told them I'm planning on implementing and trying to improve, it seems like attitudes are improving. I felt a little like a politician running for office, promising things that I hope in my heart of hearts that I can do, but things that I couldn't promise for sure.

We had a good weekend--running lots of errands, eating out at our favorite place for Mexican food here in Atlanta, and watching football games. Yesterday Nathan and I substituted in the nursery at church. There were 12 kids under the age of 3. It was CHAOS!!!! One little boy was crying almost the entire time, which set others off at various intervals. But despite the craziness, we enjoyed it. Thank goodness we're not in there every Sunday, but once in awhile is fun. We had fun driving home talking about all the cute little things the kids had done. Yeah, we're sooooooooooo baby hungry.

Yesterday afternoon I prepared a bunch of things for the church activity I'm in charge of this Thursday night for the women at our church, and then....I RELAXED!!!! I had this nagging little voice in the back of my head saying that I should get online and respond to all of the emails I've received in the last two weeks from family and friends, but I decided to take it easy after working so much last week, and having much the same week this week. Thank goodness it's a job I like. And I LOVE my office! So much better than the cubicle.

Things are better in my little world.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are looking up. We love and miss you guys! Keep up all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I am glad things are looking up at work!

    ReplyDelete