So yesterday morning I missed a call from my mom, and she left a voicemail asking me to call her right away. I knew something was up from the sound in her voice. I knew someone had died. So I bolstered up some strength and courage and called her back. Then she told me that our family dog, Rusty, died Friday night. I won't go into the sad, gruesome details, but it was heart wrenching to hear my mom tell me about it. We had a good cry on the phone. I came home and broke the news to Nathan. We have known for about a year Rusty's time was limited since we found out he had cancer and it was too far spread to do anything about it. So his passing wasn't totally surprising, but it was still hard to hear. Nathan and I are sad that when we go home for Chrismas Rusty won't be there to greet us. He knew Nathan's footsteps and always got so excited when Nathan walked in the room. I will miss watching the two of them wrestle on the kitchen rug and play in the backyard. Rusty, we love you and you will be missed.
That is really a sweet comment about Rusty. Yes, he is missed...every time we come home, we walk into the kitchen, we eat something, well...you get the picture. Even your dad is missing him. But...
ReplyDeletesorry to tell you...
the rug is gone too.
hahahahahahaha just couldn't pass that one up.
Love ya guys
MOM