Monday, December 3, 2012

Cousins!!!

Cooper loved spending so much time with his cousins in October.  We were so blessed!  One day I watched Kate and Ellie while Liz ran an errand.  I piled the kids in Grammie's wagon, and we went for a walk around the neighborhood I grew up in.  Funny how after all these years I can still remember where all the big bumps in the sidewalk are, and how even though the trees may be a lot bigger, most everything else seemed the same.  It was fun pulling my son and nieces in the wagon for a good long walk in the Autumn sunshine.
My siblings and I had a few nights of playing card games and such (our favorites of late are Nerts and Hearts), and one night Cooper and Ellie played their own card game while the adults played theirs.  Cooper loved having Ellie around, and followed her like a little shadow.  The day after they left, Coop wandered aimlessly around the house, asking for Ellie.  He idolizes her, and I love how well she plays with him, helping him do things like play on the swings and play pretend.  It was nice for me to be able to send them out in the backyard and not have to worry too much because I knew Ellie wouldn't let them do anything that would cause any harm to them or others.  What a sweet little angel--we love you, Ellie, and sure wish we lived closer to each other still!
Coop's other cousins, Calvin and Jaisie, were also great playmates.  They did lots of fun things together.  This particular day I was babysitting them while Camyll was at an appointment, and they emptied the toy cabinet, all crawled inside, and kept opening and shutting the door, giggling in delight.  There's nothing like the joy of children, or the friendship of cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment