Our last night in Utah was Halloween. This was totally planned, as I wanted Cooper to have a chance to go trick-or-treating with his cousins, and be able to trick-or-treat door-to-door, something we don't feel comfortable doing in NC, where we don't know enough of our neighbors well enough. So this was a very special Halloween.
All my family was there except for Nathan and my brother, Bryt, who both had to go home right after the wedding due to work responsibilities. Grammie stayed home to answer the door for trick-or-treaters, and Papa came with us. The kids were dressed and eager to go trick-or-treating by 6 pm. It was an uncharacteristically warm/mild Halloween night for Utah. In fact, I don't remember it every being so warm/mild on Halloween in my entire life. It was a perfect night.
Calvin was Iron Man. Ellie was Bat Girl. Kate was Elmo. Cooper was a fireman, and Kate was Dorothy.
Jaisie was so cute while we were trick-or-treating. She caught on real quick that if she went to the door, said her baby version of trick-or-treat, which was something like "da-da-da!", she'd get a treat. Out of all the kids, she was the one who didn't want to go home.
Our little firefighter.
The adults joined in. Stettsen was The Flash; Chelsey was a pirate; Liz was dressed in a cute red hat, boa and skirt; I was a witch, and Camyll was a gypsy.
The newlyweds, George and Cassady, joined us a bit later as a vampire and Cat Woman.
The kids piled on the wagon, and Uncle Stettsen and Jason took turns pulling.
We went to just about every house in the neighborhood that had the same neighbors as were there when we were kids. It was a lot of fun to see some old friends, and they were equally delighted to see all of us together, and all our kids.
Jayson, Anna, and Tyler joined us a little while later, and Tyler made an adorable Captain America. Here is the hero with Bat Girl.
I had one of the most fun Halloween nights I've had since I was a kid, being with my family and our children. Cooper and I stopped at the end of the night for a picture on Grammie's front porch with is jack-o-lantern.
Cooper got lots of candy.
It was such a fun, memorable night for our last night of our October trip to Utah. Cooper and I with Grammie and Papa.
Thank you, family, for a fun, memorable, and wonderful couple of weeks!! We sure had a great time, and look forward to seeing you all again.













No comments:
Post a Comment