Thursday, December 6, 2012

November Happenings

One day in November (14th) I was putting in a load of laundry downstairs, and came up to my room to find Cooper and his home-made "indoor slide," as he called it, consisting of my clothes hamper, pillows, blankets, and his crawl tunnel.  Before I took the picture, he had also emptied all of Nathan's drawers and had clothes stuffed in every nook and cranny.  Since Nate probably wouldn't appreciate having his skivvies posted on the blog, I removed said clothes before taking a picture.  He had also had the package of toilet paper seen in the background at the far right, inserted in the tunnel as padding.  Had to remove that so we wouldn't be using squished toilet paper rolls for months.  Then, as every good mom should do, I helped Coop reinforce the tunnel, added some more padding, and he happily crawled/slid through the tunnel, and exclaimed, "It works!!!"  Insert beaming smile from mother and son.

Later that same night, I was coaxing Cooper to eat his vegetables at dinner.  I posted on Facebook:  Most creative reason for not eating vegetables at dinner goes to Coop: "I can't, Mom (as he dramatically falls off his chair to the floor). I'm stuck in this mud and can't get up. ("Tries" to get up, and lays back down on belly.) See? I'm just too stuck!" How can I not laugh at that?

November 18th:  For lack of time today, I braided my hair. Having watched "Tangled" (the Disney movie based on the story of Rapunzel) for the first time this week, Coop says, "Mom you have your hair in a pretty line down your back like that girl. But you don't have any flowers." I said I didn't have any flowers, and he was about ready to go out front and pick a bunch of marigolds, until I stopped him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment