A few weeks ago on a Saturday morning, I heard police sirens outside our house. A few minutes later I heard a fire truck outside. So naturally I went to the window to see what was going on. Not a minute later, another fire truck came down the street, but this time with Christmas music blaring, and a Santa Claus sitting on top waving to all the kids. We ran outside, and some people dressed as elves ran up and handed Cooper and the neighbor kids some candycanes. They went all around the neighborhood, and we sat on the porch and waved again as they went by our house again on the way out of our neighborhood. Coop was excited as ever: Santa and real firetrucks! Doesn't get much better than that. But as we were going inside he asked worriedly why Santa hadn't brought any toys to him, just a candycane. I told him Santa will come again on Christmas Eve, and now he thinks Santa is coming back on a fire truck because we don't have any snow for his sleigh. :)
I thought that was a neat surprise, and heard Santa's fire truck visiting all the neighborhoods near us throughout the rest of that day.
Last Saturday Nathan and I took Cooper to the mall to see Santa. We went earlyin the morning, and there was no line. Coop walked right up and got to visit with Santa for a good amount of time. I'm kinda cheap and refused to pay the $18 for a picture of Coop with Santa, so I took a few of my own from the sidelines. This Santa had a real beard! Pretty convincing that he could be the real Santa instead of one of Santa's helpers, minus the thick Southern accent. ;-)
Cooper gave Santa his letter, a picture of it is below. He dictated to me what to write.
"Dear Santa,
I have been a good boy. Can you please bring me some toys? The reindeer can go up and move their legs and fly and bring them to my house. I would like:
- A big truck as high as the ceiling
- A bubble gun
- A car to go in the bath
Thank You.
I love Santa. Merry Christmas!
Love,
Cooper James Smith
(3 years old)"
After his visit with Santa, we rode the electric train through the mall, and Coop was in heaven--Santa AND a train ride!! Afterward we went out for donuts and hot chocolate (orange juice for Coop), and then went to play at the park. It was a really fun morning.
One Last Party
3 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment