Every day, sometimes multiple times a day, Coop asks, "Mom, is your belly better yet?" And I reply, "Not yet, but I'm getting a little better every day." Yesterday was by far my best day since Hudson's birth. Despite this cuteness keeping me awake several times during the night...
I was already awake with the baby when Coop woke up, and I willed myself awake instead of going back to sleep. Cooper and I had some time together in the morning while I fed the baby, and he played with my phone. He took lots of pictures, including this one, which I thought was pretty cool with the shadows and light.

He also took this picture. I look horrible with my double chin from looking down, no makeup, and such, but it captures the reality of having a newborn baby and being sleep deprived and feeling like a zombie, and nearly looking like one too. You shouldn't just post all the perfect pictures; gotta have a few real ones too.
Nathan and Coop had been spending time together, and Nate came upstairs for some tv time and a break. But his sidekick/ leech wouldn't leave him alone. Coop is practically glued to his Daddy's side these days.
Cooper helped me with Hudson.

Here's another reality picture :) I caught this face before any cry had been vocalized. It was like the precursor to the meltdown. (I also remember Cooper wearing this outfit. So fun.)

Later on, Hudson was on his second outfit of the day. I'd forgotten how much laundry these tiny little people create! Thank goodness for my Mom who keeps on top of it.
Nate's cousin, Allison, gave Hudson this USC outfit. Will he be a future USC grad?

My Mom captured this sweet moment between brothers.

What made yesterday such a great day was that I got to be outside in the beautifully sunny weather and play with Cooper. He played on the swings, while I sat in a chair in front of him and tickled his toes and belly, and pushed his feet. We laughed and laughed. I think the one-on-one outdoors time was what we both needed. It was a great day.



No comments:
Post a Comment