After Hudson and I catching upmon missed sleep and sleeping the morning away, by the afternoon I felt like getting out of the house. Grammie and I took the boys to a nearby park. Hudson and I sat on the bench to observe while Grammie and Cooper played, except for pushing Cooper on the swings for a bit.
Cooper made a few park friends, one of which was a little boy just about his age. The kid was blocking the way to the slides, so I told Coop to ask him what the secret password was to get by. The kid yelled, "The secret password is UNDERPANTS!!" So then the two of them kept saying underpants over and over and giggling.
Hudson was happy hanging out in my baby sling, snuggled close. My Mom even caught a half smile in this picture. Speaking of smiling, not that he smiles back every time, but my Mom, Cooper and I have all received purposeful smiles from Hudson yesterday and today. Those smiles are ever so precious.

After the park, we went to a local ice cream place, where Cooper had his first "ice cream" cone ever. He had strawberry sorbet on a cone. He LOVED it, but didn't want to eat the cone. I had to tear off pieces of the cone as he ate the sorbet. It was pretty cute--and sticky!!

Since Nate has been spending most every day with Coop, he had stayed home for a little personal time. But we came home and Nate made us a yummy steak dinner--so delicious!
Most of the day was spent, however, trying to keep Cooper from playing in the hose and the huge mud puddle he'd made in the backyard with the girls next door. At one point Nate said not to play in the hose any more. Coop didn't play in the hose, but he did play in the huge bucket of water he'd already filled, because Daddy didn't say not to! Such a literal kid. He was making mud pies. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment