Last week was the culminating event of our preschool co-op. With two out of us four moms being just weeks from having babies, it was a welcome end.
This year we went through the alphabet A-Z, and also covered numbers 1-20, and then counting by 5s and such. Cooper is almost a full year younger than the others, but I am thankful for this no-cost option for his first preschool experience. He learned a few letters, and lots of social skills. I learned that I am definitely NOT cut out to be a teacher of small children outside my home or church. Entirely different in a learning environment, and I just don't have the patience for it. Although, I WAS pregnant for the whole time, much of it very nauseous and suc, so maybe it's not all that bad.
The culminating event was for the letter Z. The party was "Z is for zoom, zoom, and zoo. We had a road rally for the kids at my friend's cul-de-sac, letting them eide bikes and such which they could decorate if they wanted. The big hit were the two battery-powered cars some of the kids had. Coop would hardly get off to share with other kids. I was having contractions all morning and didn't get any pictures of them riding bikes and such.
After that we had a picnic lunch and the kids all dressed up as zoo animals with some cute foam masks I'd found. There were a lot more kids, but only a few would take a picture.
The grand finale was a pinata, which the kids never could break, so we finally ripped it open and shook the candy out for them, or we may have been there for hours!
It was a fun morning, and a fun way to end the year.
One Last Party
3 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment