Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Little Big Boys

Both boys are getting so big. Hudson is already 12 days old. He's smiling a little in response to us, and at his well- checkup today, he weighed 9 lbs. 2 oz.!  That means he's already regained his birth weight, plus 7 oz, an increase of 1 lb. 1 oz. in just one week!! And don't I know it; I feel like a milk maid, and that all I do is feed the kid.  We both eat and sleep and not much else. I just told my mom it's because I'm still growing a human, just outside myself now.

This picture my mom took this morning when I was holding Hudson and talking to him. He was bright-eyed and happy.
This other little-big boy is suddenly a little fish again, since Daddy has been taking him swimming a couple times a week.  Tonight I was shocked to find him laying in the tub with his ears submerged. (He had some bath fizzies that made his water purple/blue.). He was wiggling around and kicking in the water "swimming" in the bath.
But as big as these boys seem, when they snuggle with Dad, they suddenly seem very small.

No comments:

Post a Comment