Sunday, June 2, 2013

Moments of Joy

Having realized that I shouldn't blog when I'm tired because my posts sound a little down, I've been putting off any posts for a few days, but now I'm realizing there isn't a time right now when I'm NOT tired, so it'll just have to be. However, despite the sleeplessness of having a newborn, there are many moments of pure joy for our family, like right now as I sit here holding this little sleeping angel.  Just so sweet.

Cooper has also brought us moments of joy these past few days.  He makes me laugh every time he climbs onto this bottom shelf of the changing table.

He also continues to say such funny things. He's caught another cold, and so I'd asked him to keep a distance from the baby. I explained that if Hudson got a fever, he'd have to go to the hospital. "And get pokes [shots], and have blood and die?" asked Coop. After explaining why to him, Coop said, "If I have another fever will I have to go to the hospital too?" I explained that he is a big boy and his body can handle lots of big germs now, and that I would be there to take care of him and make sure he gets better, to which he replied, "Oh. Thanks, Mom!" And snuggled up to me, so relieved. So cute.

This was a moment of joy for Hudson. Out went the pacifier, and in went his thumb.  This was taken on Thursday when he was two weeks old. I'm trying to get him to take a pacifier instead of sucking his thumb. Having an ultrasound picture of him at 18 weeks in utero sucking his thumb, I know he has the upper hand on the habit, but I'm gonna keep trying with the paci. We'll see who wins.  For now, this is another sweet moment.
Cooper and Grammie shared an hour or more of pure joy as they played in his rooom together.  Cooper was giggling and giggling.  My mom says he's one of the happiest little boys she's ever known: so quick to smile or laugh.  When I went to investigate what was spurring all the laughter, this is what I found them doing. 
Cooper also finds joy in playing in the sand, and apparently IN his wheelbarrow as well.
Hudson was not so joyful when I was trying to get a picture of the funny face he was making with lips puckered. Instead I got these not so happy pictures,  but that's ok. We have lots of joyful moments to make up for it.
This morning everyone has gone to church except me and Hudson. He was wide awake, so I decided to bathe him. He usually cries and cries during bathtime, but this morning he was quiet and alert, which I think may have been due to the hymns I had playing on my phone that I was singing along with.  Hudson LOVES music, and especially likes when I hold him cheek to cheek and quietly hum a song in his ear. If he's fuasy, this often calms him.  Those are also sweet moments of joy for me.

I am thankful for such precious moments as my sons seem to grow up more quickly with each passing day.  Savor the joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment