Monday, July 1, 2013

Finding Our New Normal

Things have been a little crazy around here the past 6 weeks...
...but I think we're finding a new "normal" that looks something like this...
...with a few moments like this scattered somewhere in between.
Just when I thought things were normal again, Iron Man showed up for dinner one night.
 But we resumed our normal activity of going on an evening walk, especially since we now have a "two stroller," as Cooper calls it.  He can't decide if he wants to sit in the front, or stand in the back.  So far he's enjoyed sitting.
This past week we also went to the pool, and not a moment too soon.  Our A/C was out all last weekend, and I thought we were going to either melt or bake.  I was so relieved to get clearance from my doctor to go swimming.  Woohoo!!  Cooper was ecstatic to finally go to the outdoor pool/water park like we did last summer.  We went with our friends, and my friend took care of supervising Cooper and her two kids, while I primarily waded into the water just below my waist, with Hudson strapped to me in the baby carrier, covered with a light blanket so as not to get too much sun.  Nate went with us one day too.
With all these "normal" activities coming back into our lives, I am starting to feel like I'm finally breaking in to being a mother of two.  Hudson, on the other hand, looks a bit skeptical.

No comments:

Post a Comment