"Happy hour" at our house is 9-10 am. BYOB (Bring Your Own Baby)
While Hudson may be fussy the rest of the day, he is usually happy sometime in the morning, usually about the time I get him dressed.
This morning was no exception. He was all smiles and coos; Lots of baby talk and gummy smiles.
Cooper, on the other hand, is happiest when he gets to play with friends. Tonight we went for an evening walk with our neighbors, Tammy and Braden. These walks have become an almost nightly occurrence. Cooper and Braden rode their bikes, while Tammy and I walked, me with Hudson in a baby carrier strapped to my chest.Despite the threat of rain, we went ahead on our walk, since it's been too rainy for several days to be out at night. Tonight the rain had stopped, the temperature was in the low 70s, and there was enough of a breeze to ward off any mosquitoes, so we HAD to take advantage and get outside for a bit. The boys enjoyed riding through and splashing in puddles.

Seconds after this photo, it suddenly started to downpour without any prior warning! We were about 1/8 mile down the street. Coop was able to ride his bike quickly, and I was running as fast as I could with baby Hudson, clutching him to me, trying to keep his head covered with his burp cloth. By the time we got home we were soaked fo the bone. I had water dripping off even my eyelashes.
That was the first time I had run in I don't know how long, and certainly the first since Hudson was born. I don't think I could have done that even just last week! It felt good to run a bit and realize how much all this walking has been paying off, and also that I'm ready to really start exercising again. Yay?!




No comments:
Post a Comment