Monday, July 22, 2013

Hudson 2 Months

Hudson turned two months old last week. The boy is growing. Stats at his two month doctor visit:
Weight - 12 lbs. 15 oz. (85th percentile)
Height - 23 inches (75th percentile)
Head Circumference - 15,5 inches (40th percentile), I think the head measurement was taken wrong. Watched her do it, and that seems a little small. I'd say his head is average. But there is nothing small about his eyes, which seem to be turning blue, just like Cooper's.
He remains snuggly, and loves his puppy lovey that Grammie and Cooper gave him at birth.
When Hudson is awake, this is his usual expression: wide-eyed and looking around. I've had lots of friends and complete strangers comment on his big eyes and his alertness for his age. I agree that he seems very alert.  
Head control is almost 100%, and he can push up to his chest when laying on his belly. He's still not a big fan of tummy time, but it's getting better. He also isn't a fan of a few rattles we have. I hooked them to his play gym, and instead of happily batting and cooing at them, he cried and cried until I removed them.  He does like to play some, and is very interactive. He'll almost always smile and giggle when playing pat-a-cake.
Someone asked me the other day if I just feed Hudson straight cream. Check out those cheeks!
Today I finished putting away the 0-3 month clothes, except for a few outfits. His legs are so long that his toes were getting mashed in all of his 0-3 month pjs. He has a shorter torso and longer legs than Cooper did at this age. So while some of the 3-6 month pjs and outfits are quite big in the torso and shoulders, he needs them for the length.
Hudson is starting to show some of his personality. He's quite a sensitive and emotional baby. For instance, he still hates to be left alone in a room, even for a few minutes, and he gets scared easily. The other night we went out for dinner. The lobby of the restaurant was a little dark, and the restaurant dimly lit. We walked in and were there about 30 seconds before Hudson started screaming his "I'm scared" cry. I had to take him outside for 5 minutes before he calmed down.
He also had his 2-month vaccinations last week. He was clingy all day and would burst out crying all of a sudden, like he was having flashbacks of getting the shots. It was so sad. I held him most of the day that day. He had no other symptoms to be concerned about reactions or anything, but just wanted to be held.  Cooper was never like that with vaccinations.  Hudson also continues to be momma's boy. Sometimes nothing else will do, except for me to hold him.  He's a pretty laid-back kid most of the time. We love our Huddy Buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment