Sunday, November 17, 2013

Being Brothers

These two boys are becoming good friends.  More and more often I find them interacting, and Cooper usually has Hudson smiling and giggling.  I had THE BEST video of that, but Coop was playing with my phone and accidentally deleted it. :) [Side note: When I talked to him about deleting it, he thought for a second, and then said, "I know! You put Hudson back in his play thing and then I'll make him giggle like before, and you can take a new video!  That will fix it!"  So sweet; how could I be mad then?]
The cutest two kids...
 About as often as he has him giggling, Coop also makes Hudson cry.  He's so anxious for Huddy to grow up and play that he often hurts him when just trying to have fun.  Poor Huddy is a trooper. [Am I a bad Mom for taking this picture before rescuing the baby?  Look at that face--please rescue me!]
 Cooper loves to hold his brother, and also likes to try to carry him.  THAT is scary.  Getting him to set him back down GENTLY as I approach the way you would approach a wild animal is even more terrifying. 
 Even more than playing indoors together, the boys love to play outside.  Hudson likes to watch Cooper ride his bikes, his John Deere Gator, and such.  Cooper was sweet one afternoon and let Huddy have a turn "driving" the Gator.  Hudson likes to take his turn sitting at the steering wheel every chance he can now.
 Cooper asks me all the time when Hudson is going to be big enough to walk.  For me, too soon; for Cooper, not soon enough.
I love that my boys are becoming good friends.  I know there are many years of fights ahead, but I also hope that there will be even more days of playing together, bonding, and becoming the best of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment