Saturday, November 16, 2013

Hudson 6 Months

Hudson is six months old today.  Say what?!?  Seriously.  How fast did those 6 months fly by?
Our Hudderball is GROWING.  He'll be going to the doctor this Tuesday, so I'll post his 6 month stats later, but I'm betting the boy is almost 20 lbs.  He doesn't look that heavy, and I'm often getting told by others who hold him how much heavier he is than he looks.  It's all in the cheeks and the thighs!
 Two weeks ago we were eating dinner and Hudson was crying, watching us eat, and trying to grab my food.  A few days later I gave him his first solids, since he seemed MORE than ready.  There's a video at the bottom of this blog of him eating.  His favorite thus far is sweet potatoes.
I never get tired of his smiles (or giggles--see video below).  He is a very smiley, easy-going baby, and only cries when something is wrong.  Sometimes I'll be so focused on another task (like making dinner), that I'll almost even forget he's there because he's so content to just play and watch Cooper.  I make it a point each day to interact and play with him one-on-one though.
One week ago his first tooth peeked through.  He was a little fussy for a few days, and I thought his reflux was flaring up again since I'd taken him off his medicine.  It seemed to make him spit up larger quantities and more often than without.  But I was wrong about it being reflux.  Last Saturday night he was exceptionally fussy, which is so unlike him.  My motherly instincts told me to check his gums, and sure enough, a little tooth was making its debut.  It's his bottom right.  No sign of others, except for the drool and constant chewing.  I'm sure it won't be long before that tooth is no longer a loner.
Huddy is getting really close to sitting up on his own.
His hair is filling in, and has a strawberry tint to it, more than Cooper's does.
He tries so hard to be big like his brother.  Cooper was out riding his bike one day, and Hudson was playing with this little scooter.  He was so excited to sit on it, and let me push him back and forth, even just a few inches.
The poor boy isn't sure whether to be terrified of or to love his big brother.  I was making dinner one night, and Cooper said, "Look, Mom! Hudson is so cool!"  And this is what I found.  Hudson does love watching his brother, though, and Cooper is most often able to get him to laugh than Nathan or I.
Huddy has a habit of covering his face with his blankets and lovey.  Every time I put him down for a nap, I have to go in a few minutes later to uncover his face.  He loves to fall asleep with his lovey over his entire face.  He plays like this a lot too.
Our Hudder is getting so big.  He can roll from back to front and front to back with ease, but hasn't really yet "gone mobile", thank goodness.
I can't get enough of this baby.  So thankful that he's in our family!

Link to video in case it doesn't work: Hudson Giggles at 5 Months
Link to video in case it doesn't work: Hudson's First Solids

No comments:

Post a Comment