Whenever we go to Utah, since it's not very often, we always try to make it a point to go visit my grandparents in their home so the boys can get to know them (and so I can visit with them too!) We enjoy getting to spend time with them one-on-one, and not at a large family function.
Hudson Jay with his Great Grandmother, Lela Guymon Christensen
Cooper couldn't wait to get to their house to play with the big truck in the backyard, something he'd remembered from 14 months earlier. This time it was in the snow! I spend many a day/night playing in the snow in my grandparents' backyard. I'm glad Cooper got the chance to do so too.
Hudson Jay and his Great Grandfather, Kurt Jay Christesen
(Hudson's middle name is after my own father, Alan Jay, and my grandfather, Kurt Jay)
No visit to Grandma and Grandpa's house would be complete without playing with the marbles, the marble track, and the "old-time toys" from the basement. Grandpa was showing Nathan some of his mementos from his career and such. He was surprised to know that I already knew much about his career, but I always love hearing about the experiences of my grandparents.
A precious picture of me and the boys with Grandma and Grandpa Christensen, which I'm sure will be greatly cherished in years to come. In this picture Grandma is 87, Grandpa 89, Cooper 4, Hudson 7 months, and I'm...well, 34.
How lucky that my boys get to know great grandparents on both sides of our family!





No comments:
Post a Comment