Friday, February 7, 2014

Sledding in the Mountains

At some point after Christmas we went sledding in American Fork Canyon with my Dad, big brother Jayson and his wife, Anna, daughter Aspen, and son Tyler, plus my sister Cassady, and her husband George.  Nate stayed home with the Hudster since they were both too sick to be out frolicking in the snow and cold.
This was Cooper's first time REALLY sledding.  We had such a blast!
We went to Mutual Dell in AF Canyon, where there were some really perfect sledding trails through the trees--nothing too steep for Coop.  This one was particularly fun with a few bumps and turns.  Grandpa watched as Coop went down on his own.  Mostly we rode together.  We also made trains with Cassady, George and Tyler--so FUN!
We took a break from sledding long enough to eat some snow (it's "cleaner" in the mountains, right? :D), and make snow angels. (P.S. Thank you Grammie and Papa for the snow pants, boots, gloves and hat!)
Cassady and George had a lot of fun with us to, and us with them, although some of their sledding antics were a bit wild.  I had to tell Cooper more than once that he couldn't copy his crazy Uncle George. Ha!
Anna took pictures of their family, and I hope to get a few to share here in the future. :)
Also of note:  My goals of this sledding trip were: 1.  Have a fun time with Cooper, 2.  Return home with nobody having gotten hurt.  Certainly met goal #1.  Almost made it home reaching goal #2, but I just had to go on one particular run with Cooper one last time.  That's usually when things happen, right?!  I'd been so careful to make sure we didn't go too fast or get too crazy, but since we'd ridden down this run a few times already, I figured to just go for it.  Well, we picked up some speed, caught a little air on the last little bump, and wham!  I landed on my tailbone.  Knew it as soon as I landed, and then tried to stand up.  Needless to say, bending over was challenging and painful for a few weeks, as was sitting in certain positions.  The airplane ride home was BRUTAL.  Then about 3 weeks later, just as I was finally feeling little to no pain when sitting, I momentarily forgot, and injured it again when playing on the floor with Hudson.  Just shifted my weight when sitting on the floor, and Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Did much the same thing again about a week ago.  So here we are in February, and my tailbone is still trying to heal from that one last time sledding.  Ha!  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment