Not only does Cooper wake up and take off like a rocket ship, not stopping until we force him to go to bed at night, he's always busy either pretending to be a rocket ship, figuring out how to "build" one (usually out of Duplos), or pretending something else. He goes back and forth about 50/50 between pretending to be someone and building things. The one toy he plays with every day, without fail, are his Duplos (preschool-sized legos). I'm trying to hold off on Legos as long as possible, not wanting Hudson to choke on them (or me to step on them!).
Here are a few fun and crazy moments from my Coopstah:
Go, Iron Man!
He wanted to do his hair himself, and spiked it really high. Ha! Today he did his hair himself again, combing it all smooth and straight, but in strange directions. Then he looked in the mirror, and messed it all up, leaving it sticking up all over. I guess he was trying for the "messy bedhead look," because a moment later he came back and asked, "Mom, does my hair look crazy or cool?" I said, "What do you think?" He thought for a second, and then said, "Cool!", smiled, and ran off happily.
On a similar note, he's starting to like to get dressed by himself, meaning putting his clothes on all alone, from head to toe, but he still has no interest in choosing his clothes. Fine by me!
About once a week we have a playdate with his friends, Ethan and Adison. One particular day they came downstairs like this...
Aaaaaaaand then there's this...
Need I say more?
Hudson's face in response to this latest dress-up character was priceless...
I know, Huddy, sometimes I just don't know what to think of this kid either. But we sure do love him, his talents, his imagination, and his humor!!





No comments:
Post a Comment