Nate's cousin, Allison, graduated from the University of South Carolina back in May. Much of Nathan's family from Boston traveled to Columbia for the weekend, and so we made a weekend of it too, and got to see everyone for a short little visit.
Cooper wanted to do nothing but go swimming in the hotel pool ASAP. We were there less than 30 minutes before he was in the pool, despite it being a non-heated outdoor pool, and it not being terribly warm. The water was downright cold. I had no interest in swimming, but Coop would swim until he had hypothermia if we let him.
I genuinely thought Hudson would take one feel of the cold water, and then want nothing to do with it. ON THE CONTRARY. So then Nate was either forced to be in the pool, or I was forced to stand there bent over holding onto him on the step. But the little guy seemed to enjoy it.
Hudson is always watching Cooper to see what to do next.
It wasn't long before the rest of the family arrived. Cordelia was ready to go swimming too.
How were the kids not freezing?!
Samantha and Elizabeth soon arrived as well, and Cooper loved playing with them. I think you can see in this picture how much he looks like the Gunning side of the family.
The next night we had a beautiful, delicious meal to celebrate Allison's graduation. We skipped the actual commencement services, since we would have been wrangling crazy little boys the whole time. So we just met everyone for lunch afterward, and then continued the celebration with them the rest of the day.
Coop is looking so grown up these days.
The graduate, Allison, with Cooper, Hudson and Nana
Hudson, Allison, Cooper, Nana and Grandpa (again, I think you can see how Cooper takes after the Gunnings in his looks).
I loved this picture of Grandpa...
...and I think Nana and Grandpa look great in this picture too (so do Coop and Allison). Too bad Huddy is looking elsewhere.
We decided to try and get some pictures of the little kids, the two smallest of which were over-tired and ready for bed, complete with pajamas.
Is everyone looking yet?
Almost. Samantha (12, I think), Cooper, Elizabeth (12?), Cordelia 1-1/2, Hudson almost 1, and Aunt Delia.
We had a great time visiting with family. Nate was lucky to get to talk to his grandparents. I was wrangling the kids so he could see his family since it was such a short time.
The graduation party--congratulations, Allison! So glad we were able to celebrate with you, and that we got to see so much family because of it. Good luck in your future endeavors!



















No comments:
Post a Comment