Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Easter Fun 2014

For weeks before Easter Cooper had been begging to color Easter eggs.  Last year I never put away the egg dyeing kit, but kept it in with my preschool supplies, so as we were packing them one day, Cooper saw the coloring kit, and asked to color eggs.  I told him we would when it was Easter a few weeks later--after we moved.  So once I'd promised, I had to follow through.  Of course, the kit I'd kept was just the containers and stickers, no dye tablets.  Oops!  Not to worry, good old-fashioned vinegar and food coloring worked just fine.  Coop was excited.
He also couldn't wait to dig in and eat one...or a few.  We had no problem eating all the boiled eggs this year; Cooper loved them.
Easter morning--I wasn't feeling well.
Hudson was happy to explore the Easter baskets and find something to shake and make noise.
What does this plastic egg taste like?
Seven in the morning is NOT too early for a stick full of PEEPS--at least not for this kid.
Easter bunny brought us a real live Ninja Turtle!
Hi-yah!
Hudson liked the crinkly sound of the Angry Birds fruit snacks wrappers, and taking them out of the box, and then putting them back in.
That afternoon we had Aunt Denise and Uncle Jim over for Easter dinner.  I didn't get any pictures--guess I was having too good of a time visiting. Ha!
Since I wasn't feeling well on Easter Sunday, I didn't get around to having an Easter egg hunt, and Cooper was disappointed that he didn't get to have one.  So hey, who says you can't have one the day after Easter.  Monday morning while Hudson was napping, I hid about 20 plastic eggs full of candy from the day before in our backyard and let Coop have an egg hunt.  He was content.
 Since I wasn't feeling well and didn't make it to church Easter Sunday, the next week I donned the boys in their Easter outfits and took pictures outside the church.  It seems impossible to get the two of them to look at the camera at the same time.  So here's one cute one of Hudson...
 ...and a cute one of Cooper.
Easter was our first holiday in our new home--a great way to celebrate new beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment