

His favorite thing to look at are our windows and blinds at night. The windows have white panes in them, and the blinds are white. The white against the black windows at night create a nice contrast, and he will just sit and stare at them. He also has a few rattles he likes to watch and will track them with his eyes.
Nathan is such a great dad. He has learned a lot about babies in the last two weeks. The other day he handed Coop off to my mom almost like a football. I mentioned something to him about the nice football pass off, and he commented how funny it is that within two weeks time he has gone from being afraid of hurting the little guy and being ever so careful and gentle, to realizing that he's not so fragile and breakable and can really handle a lot more than that. Nathan is anxious for Cooper to grow up a little and become more interactive. He likes to walk him around the house and show him different things. Last night he put Coop to sleep after I fed him. He has been such an amazing husband and father in the last two weeks. I am not at all surprised, but just very thankful for him and all he does to support me, help me, and be an active part of our baby's life.
Of course I love the fact that I'm starting to get a little more sleep, but I am trying to enjoy my baby being a little newborn because I know these weeks are fleeting. I get a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye just thinking about it. There is nothing like holding your baby in the wee hours of the morning after just nursing him, looking into his cute little eyes with him recognizing who you are, and sharing such a tender moment as you sing him to sleep. Being a mother is everything and more than I dreamed of. The last two weeks have been the most rewarding in my entire life. Happy 2 week birthday, little Coop.
P.S. Nathan says the last picture of Coop is his "Blue Steel" face from Zoolander.
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures (especially the Blue Steel one!)
ReplyDelete