Every day since I came home from the hospital with Cooper it has been a goal to go for a daily walk, if even just for 5 minutes. At first, this was quite a challenge, and I couldn't go far (about 200 feet), nor could I go up/down any sort of "hill." Well, today I set off with Cooper in the baby carrier strapped to my chest, and Lola on her leash and we went for an hour long walk around our neighborhood--down our street, 2 streets over, up and down hills, up the hill to the pool house, etc. I was a little tired when I got home, but not exhausted. The weather was beautifully sunny and warm and we enjoyed our autumn walk.These are some pictures of Cooper one month old. (I don't have any software on my work laptop to make a slide show, so bear with me...)













Such a cutie!
ReplyDeleteIs the medicine helping out? Has he calmed down a lot?
With Annie, she used to scream all evening UNLESS we were outside (or at Costco -- that kid loved Costco!), so we would strap her in the front carrier around 6, right after she got done nursing, then walk 'til about 8 or later every evening. We really go to know our (and the surrounding) neighborhood(s) well! :-) It was good exercise though, and between that and constantly nursing a spitty baby, I lost all my baby weight and, then some, ridiculously fast! :-)
That is beginning to sound vaguely familiar. The medicine hasn't seemed to take effect yet, but I'm still hopeful. Coop's fussiest time is 9 pm - midnight. We have already taken several rides in the car (but he always wakes up/screams as soon as the car stops), and I've even reverted to giving him my breast for comfort to calm him down just to stop the screaming and give me some sanity. I read the book BabyWise, and that is a huge no, no according to that book, but at this point I'm willing to do anything. I can't let him cry it out or he pukes and pukes and just gets even more upset...and thus the cycle goes. He is calm as long as he's in the bath, bouncing, swinging (arms only, not actual swing), and sometimes singing will do it. Hey--whatever works, right? :)
ReplyDelete