Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Perfect Baby

I am hesitant to blog about this subject, lest I jinx our house. Cooper is THE perfect baby. He does not fuss unless he's hungry, needs a diaper change, or has a tummy ache. This is his demeanor much of the time when he's awake--just chillin'.
He is a strong baby, lifting his head already and moving it where he wants it. He usually sleepts for 3-1/2 to 4-hour blocks. We have actually had to wake him up a couple of times to feed him. He is a great sleeper; sleeps through almost anything; sleeps almost anywhere; puts himself to sleep if he's already feeling sleepy and you lay him down swaddled in a blanket.
He is such a joy to us. Can I ask for a more perfect baby? Our little family feels so complete, and we are so content right now. This is the life....


4 comments:

  1. Enjoy it while you can get it. You saying it doesn't jinx it, either. He won't be perfect forever or in all things, but he will be very good about many things. Our Heavenly Father tends to bless us like that, and I'm sure He knows you need that after all the weeks and hours of contractions and pain and the C-section. You've been through a lot and deserve some tender mercies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, congratulations! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bit jealous. It's like an olympic's event to get Matthew to go to sleep. Count your blessings there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DID jinx it! I swear the day after I blogged about this our little Cooper started his screaming fests. I think it has less to do with me blogging about his calm, cooperative nature, and more to do with the fact that I'm finally off pain killers. No more sedated baby. He's not terrible to get to sleep, but he seems to have an awful lot of gas/tummy trouble. Mom may get to soon start giving up dairy and other such things to figure it out. Nathan found out last night in the wee hours of the morning that Cooper can scream at the top of his lungs for at least an hour without consolation.
    Also, Meg, have you heard of the book "Babywise?" It has some really great stuff. I've been doing it with Coop and he is already falling asleep on his own and sleeping 6 hours some nights. I recommend it to anyone with a new baby (but it only works if you get all the bubbles out of their tummy before you try to lay them down ;) ).

    ReplyDelete