My Mom's 2-1/2 week stay in GA taking care of us passed by all too quickly. The home-made meals morning, noon and night were such a blessing and a welcome relief. Nothing compares to Mom's cooking. I knew I didn't have to worry about meals at all the whole time. And she cleaned the house, did loads and loads of laundry, and spent time talking to me while I nursed Cooper, took walks with me, and helped me get back on my feet again. When she arrived I couldn't go up/down my stairs more than once a day. By the time she left we went on a walk on the Silver Comet Trail, ran a few errands, and walked all the way to the end of my street with the baby and the dog (all on seperate days, of course). I was a mess for 3 days before she left, crying at the drop of a hat about her leaving. The day she went home I must have cried more than not. Wow--talk about pregnancy hormones! I wasn't nervous about her leaving (although her extra set of hands and baby know-how sure were a relief and a huge help at times). I guess having a baby has just made me more homesick than I've ever been before; I have never missed my family so much, and wish we could live closer to them, especially my Mom. When I was little I told my Mom when I grew up I was going to build a house in the empty lot next door and live next to her my whole life. Pretty ironic that I'm the one child who ended up moving across the country 1500 miles away. Thank you for EVERYTHING, Mom. You were missed the moment you stepped out the door.
The night before Grammie left, she gave Cooper his evening bath. He loved it.
Look at that cute little chub Grammie is holding!
And I couldn't resist getting a picture of the three of us...
No comments:
Post a Comment