Saturday, October 24, 2009

Camyllie Cabilly


Cooper and his Aunt Camyll
Another of my three sisters came for a visit to see her new nephew, and to visit me and Nathan in GA. We are so glad she was able to come and was brave enough to leave her 8-month old at home with his dad (Thanks Jason!!!). I was just driving home from dropping her off at the airport, crying, of course, and what song comes on the radio...Green Day "Time of Your Life."

Another turning point; a fork stuck in the road.
Time grabs you by the wrist;directs you where to go.
So make the best of this test and don't ask why.
It's not a questionbut a lesson learned in time.
It's something unpredictablebut in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.


So take the photographs and still frames in your mind.
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time.
Tattoos of memoriesand dead skin on trial.
For what it's worth,it was worth all the while.
It's something unpredictablebut in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.


It doesn't really fit completely, but made me reflect on the last month of having a new baby and having so much family visit and making so many memories--so many mental pictures besides the camera pictures.

While Camyll was here I was feeling pretty good and we decided to seize the day and the one day of good weather during her trip, and get outside. We visited the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, a place I've wanted to visit ever since I moved here, but have never wanted to experience it with my less-than-enthusiastic-about-it-but-willing-to-do-it husband. Finally I had someone who was interested in it too. They had lots of cute fall exhibits with scarecrows and pumpkins, but our most favorite part was the Orchid House. We spent over an hour in there admiring all the AMAZING orchids. I never knew there were so many different kinds. The pictures don't even do it justice.
















The next day we had grand plans to go shopping at Atlantic Station, one of the places here in Atlanta, but baby Cooper didn't exactly cooperate (LONG story), so we ended up taking a tour of Atlanta from the car, spending the better part of the afternoon in the car. Life sure changes when you have a baby. At least the car puts him to sleep most of the time. Thank goodness for sisters--we can chat anywhere any time and still have a great time. Having Camyll here was reassuring as a mother, but it was a little weird getting motherhood advice from my little sister. LOL. No, really, I love that I have someone I can turn to for advice who just gets me. Miss you so much, Sis. Thank goodness for phones, texting, emails, and blogs!

1 comment: