Enough about the baby for a minute...I've hit some major milestones and want to shout it out.
Boys/men may want to stop reading at this point--it's all very "girly."
1. That's it, declare me the "Biggest Loser." I have lost 30 lbs in 10 days!!! I know, I know, it's pregnancy weight, but still. That gives me only 8 lbs of pregnancy weight to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, and that's WITH clothes on, and obviously includes the Dolly Parton-size ta-ta's I'm sporting now. That goes to show that most of my weight was baby, water, and other quickly expelled pregnancy accessories. I am so excited!!!! (At this point I'm not mentioning SIZE--that's another story. Will this jello belly ever go back to normal?! Will I ever wear non-maternity pants again?....Back to celebrating; Let's focus on the positive.)
2. I have normal feet again! No longer do I have elephantitis-looking feet that bulge over any shoe I try to wear. I can start wearing cute shoes again. Time for a peticure. There are actually visible VEINS in my feet again. Haven't seen those babies since May/June. Welcome back!
3. The cankles are gone! Nuff said.
4. I have bony knees again! Who would have ever thought I'd want bony knees again, but I missed them.
5. I can bend from the waist! (albeit gingerly)
6. I can see my own feet when standing straight!
7. I cut my own toenails a few days ago without feeling like I needed to come up for air before I passed out.
8. I slept on my side for about 20 minutes last night. After several months of mandatory side-sleeping, you'd think I'd be sick of it and want to sleep on my back. But after being so used to sleeping on my side, sleeping on my back without the OPTION of side sleeping due to the c-section has been really frustrating. Pre-humungo prego belly, I used to sleep on my side to fall asleep and then roll to my back. So falling asleep the last 10 days has been hard for me. Last night was a little painful still, but it felt good nonetheless to turn over in bed.
I was trying to think of 10 things, but 8 sound good. I have 30 minutes before The Coop will be awake for feeding again, and I need to catch a few Zs before then. Thanks for celebrating with me! :o)
I love my little baby Cooper, but having my body morph back to its pre-pregnant self is a wonderful thing.
One Last Party
3 years ago
Congrats! I loved dropping the weight post-baby . . . after Annie especially, when I'd only gained 15 lbs (since I'd had gallbladder problems and ended up on a fat-free diet my last trimester), and three weeks after she was born I was down 20 lbs. It was AWESOME. Then, with breastfeeding I got down to 10 lbs. LESS than when I'd gotten married. I loved it. Warning though: when they start weaning, you have to stop eating like you're nursing, or you gain 13 lbs back before you know it. Not that I know from experience or anything ;-)
ReplyDeleteI'm reading this thinking about the pregnancy mountain I have ahead of me BEFORE I can even start thinking about getting to the other side. At least I am reminded that there IS another side out there and that it IS worth it. Oh, what we go through for these kiddos. I wonder how my mom ever did this SIX times!!!!
ReplyDeletep.s. I'm so proud of you for keeping up on blogging!
ReplyDeleteAmen to that.
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm excited for you sis! Love, THE TWEED
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean, Mel. This morning I was looking at Cooper and thinking for the millionth time, "Holy cow--this was INSIDE me?!" And then got to recalling labor and such and wondered if I'll ever forget all these details and want to go throug it all again. Motherhood is an amazing cycle, and this is just the beginning for me. I look at my mom and think the same thing--SIX times!!!--and think she's incredible. Where do they pull the strength and stamina from? Amazing.
ReplyDelete