Earlier this week, after blogging about helping my friend Mel in her yard in TX, I was itching to get out in my own yard and enjoy the beautiful sunny weather we had for a day or two. So instead of going to my water aerobics class, which I rarely choose to miss, I decided to stay home the rest of the afternoon and plant flowers in my flower beds. Cooper loved going to the nursery with me to pick out the flowers. This was my trunk--so pretty! I decided this year to go with perennials for the beds, and annuals just in the pots. That way if we're still in this house next year, I can afford to do more of the yard, and not just these beds.
Forgot to take a "before" picture before I started, but here is one mid-way.
This bed I was trying to let the wild clover take over, since the ground has no topsoil there, and it's just yuck. But then I decided against that plan, and determined to plant flowers. I hadn't saved any topsoil, so we'll see if they survive in the hard NC clay dirt.
Cooper was my little helper all afternoon and into the evening.
All our hard work paid off, I think. Now we just need to buy some new mulch for the beds, but that'll have to wait for another month's budget. :)
I love planting and being outdoors. It was the perfect way to spend the afternoon, well, except for the strain on my very pregnant body. Let's just say that after all that, I was SO ready for a nice hot bath that night...but it was worth it.









No comments:
Post a Comment