Thursday, April 11, 2013

Super Cooper Moments

Cooper has been having a lot of fun lately.  Saturday in between conference sessions, I offered to babysit the little boy from two houses down while his mom ran errands so that Cooper and Braden could play for a few hours.  Braden and his mom, Tammy, brought over a gift for the baby, and also a gift for the big brother-to-be: a superhero costume!  Cooper's is black and gray, Braden's is red and blue.  They played superheroes in Cooper's "fort" (the big box our rocking chair came in).
 I asked for a picture, and Cooper decided to show his superhero strength.
The boys also played with the neighbor girls from next door, playing good guys/bad guys.  The girls were the bad guys, stealing pieces of wood (from Cooper's stash from dad's leftovers of various projects), and the boys would chase them and try to catch them.  A few times I looked up to check on them, and Cooper was holding his hands/arms in pure superhero flying style, saying "Let's go save the day!" or something of the sort.  It made me smile to myself.

 Today Coop played outside for most of the day, pausing only to come and eat or go to the bathroom.  It was a beautiful day, and he spent several hours out back by himself.  When I went to check on him one time, he had donned his dad's camo hat, and was happily transferring sand from the sand table to his new wheelbarrow, making some kind of noises like a truck.  He plays with the sand and dirt nearly every day, as long as he can be outside.  Sometimes right after breakfast in the morning, no matter how cold it is, he'll put on his rain boots, a coat and hat (if needed), and head out to play all on his own.
Lastly, the other day Cooper started really swinging on the swingset by himself for the first time.  I'd been swinging him, and stopped, and he kept on going.  From this point on he's been able to swing himself, although his legs are too short to reach the ground to stop himself.  He was so proud of this big boy moment, and with Nate out of town, I decided to capture it on video.  So here it is for grandparents and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment