Today I was texting my Mom, and she asked me what I was up to today. I just about said, "Nothing, really," but then that wouldn't have been entirely accurate. As with all mothers, whether her children are young or old, my days are packed full with a rare occasion to sit and relax or do something I WANT to do. I'm doing this post not at all to complain or boast or anything like that. It's more for my own personal history so as a mother/woman I can look back and see how my day-to-day life has changed.
I was joking with my Mom about how stay-at-home mothers get a bad rap for just sitting around watching tv all day and eating bon bons. Hardly!
Today I: woke at 6:40 am, but have to admit I laid in bed until 7:15 dreading getting up for several reasons, one being that it's been MONTHS since I had a good night's sleep, and last night was pretty routine. Woke 3 times due to pregnancy-related issues (bathroom breaks, baby kicking, repositioning to get comfortabe), but unlike many nights, I was thankfully able to fall back asleep rather quickly. But I digress.
So out of bed at 7:15. Coop had climbed in our bed just before 7, and I got him up with me. I turned on an episode of Caillou for him and hopped in the shower, then made him breakfast and got us both ready for the day. Did a few morning dishes, then dashed out the door at 8:30 to go to baby doc appt. Had been fasting for my glucose test today, so I was hungry and not feeling well from drinking that awful sugary drink they make you drink on an empty stomach. Got stuck in school traffic, few minutes late to doc's office, rush to draw blood in time. After doc we headed to the store to purchase supplies for preschool, which I'm hosting/ teaching the next two days. Then to the grocery store for a few items. Then it was home for a bit, and I was feeling nearly comatose due to the drop in blood sugar from my morning test, despite the breakfast I'd packed and eaten at their office as soon as my blood was drawn. So once home after getting a snack for Cooper, folding a load of laundry and starting some more, putting away groceries, and picking up some toys, I let Coop finish his morning cartoon episode we'd stopped to get ready earlier (which had resulted in him crying and throwing a fit the rest of the time while getting ready to go), and I laid down on the couch to rest a minute. My pregnant self had been asleep 15 minutes and the doorbell rang. The furnacd repairman showed up unannounced to finish what they'd atarted a few days ago. So that was the end of my little break.
Made lunch for Coop and myself and we sat at the table to eat it--something I try to do most days. While eating I made a few phone calls for my church calling, sent a few emails, and confirmed a viaiting teaching appointment for tomorrow afternoon. Checked my email, did lunch dishes, another load of laundry and kitcen cleaning. Then realized I forgot to put a birthday card in the mail for one of the kids at church (part of my calling), so wrote the card, and then had to run it to a blue postbox a few streets over because I'd already missed the mailman (insert lugging 3 yr old in and out of car again. He was not too happy about it.). Back home did a little more house cleaning, then spent some time preparing a lesson and such for preschool tomorrow. By time Coop needed some attention, so I took 30 minutes and played with him, devoting my attention to him. We played bear hunting, t-rex, monster trucks, and tickling time. That was one of the highlights of my day.
Then we rushed to the public library to fet some story books for preschool this week, and then went straight to the recreatiok center where I dropped Coop at the childcare/ playroom while I rushed to my water aerobics class for an hour, which I was 5 minutes late for. That was my own hour, and also for the sake of my unborn child. Rushed home to make dinner, wgih I had prepped earlier, and Nate being the sweet husband he is, had seen in the fridge and had nearly ready when we walked in the door.
Family dinner at the table, then dishes, laundry, Cooper bath, Cooper stories and such, Cooper in bed. Me...crash on couch at 8 pm and finally have a minute to check emails and then blog from my phone. Once this is done, scripture study, watch some tv to unwind, and crash into bed at 10. That is my day. Makes me tired to repeat all this.
Everyone has busy days. When I was a working mother they were just as busy and exhausting. It's good to be busy and have a full life. I am so blessed to be able to do all this. I am so happy and content, but usually tired. Always so much to do, but I always say that if you're bored, it's your own fault. Me? Certainly NOT bored. I know when the baby is born things will be hard and different, but I look forward to slowing down a bit, being forced to, and just enjoying my children and family for awhile. Until then...go, go, go! :D
This picture was me and Coop playing today.
One Last Party
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment