Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I've Totally Got This, Mom.

My baby is growing up. With him being nearly 3-1/2, I decided it was about time for his first visit to the dentist. I wanted it to be a positive experience for him because I HATED the dentist as a kid. Never once did I go without needing work of some kind or another.
To prepare him for the experience, having never been to a dentist's office before, the day of his visit I had him watch a few educational videos I found on YouTube. After we watched the videos I asked if he had any questions, and he said no. I asked if he was going to be a big boy, and he said, "Yep." To be prepared, I asked if he wanted to bring Teddy with him, and he did. Once we got to the dentist's office and were getting out of the car, I reminded him he could bring Teddy if he wanted, and he said, "No, Mom, I'm gonna leave Teddy in the car and just be a big boy." Ok, I thought, and told him he was very big.

You would have thought Coop had visited the dentist 1000 times before. He sat right in the chair, chatted with the nurse and the hygenist like they were old friends, opened his mouth when asked, wasn't afraid of anything, and was totally chill, laid back, and cooperative, even with the flouride trays. To top it off, he had no cavities, and was SUPER excited to get his own floss and a prize. The whole team at the dentist's office couldn't believe how great he was, especially at only 3 years old. I was pleased myself. Clearly my baby is making another step toward growing up and being independent, in more ways than one.
Here's the cavity-free kid.


1 comment:

  1. Girl you are on a blogging roll. I can't keep up. What a great record you have of your family. So I'm taking Matt to the dentist for the first time next week. I'm hoping it will go OK. I took Matt with me to the dentist back in January so hopefully it will be fine. Cooper is so cute...what a stud!

    Back when you posted about nesting and consignment sales...I love them! Looks like you did well too. I have a few coming up I'm going to try to hit cause these kids just don't stop growing!

    ReplyDelete