Yesterday afternoon Cooper rushed in the house from the backyard, shouting, "Mom, look, look!" I looked up to see him grinning from ear to ear, holding a lizard he'd caught on the grass. It took nearly all the self control I had (because I do not like to touch creepy crawlies of any sort, and was terrified it would get loose in the house) to calmly tell him how cool that was, but that lizards need to stay outside, not in the house.
He was so proud of his catch, and excited to have his picture taken with the lizard. These little buggers are quick; I'm impressed he was able to catch one. He held it for probably 10 minutes, before relenting to put it in his bug box so we could show Dad later. I went back in the house, but just a few minutes later, I heard, "Mawwwwwwm!!!" I rush back out to Coop in tears because the lizard got away. He said he just wanted to take him for a ride in his toy dump truck, but the lizard only stayed in the truck for a second and then ran away. Explaining why lizards don't like dump truck rides wasn't going so well, so I finally said the lizard missed his family and just wanted to go home. That seemed a sufficient reason to Cooper for the lizard to dash off so quickly.


No comments:
Post a Comment