Saturday, March 9, 2013

Cooper's New "Dirt" Bike with a Flag

A few weeks ago the pedals on Cooper's bike seized up.  The ball bearings are rusted through, and completely shot.  With a big consignment sale coming up, I knew we'd find a replacement.  On the way to the sale, Cooper was excited, but very specific about the bike he wanted: a dirt bike with an American flag. I have no idea where he got this from, but he was ridiculously specific and insistent. We got to the sale, and Nate instantly spotted a bike his size for a great deal that looks nearly new, but Cooper was NOT happy. It didn't help that they had a John Deere kid size Gator (kinda like a mule or jeep) on sale right next to the bikes, bit WAY out of our budget. Coop had no interest in the non-American flag, non-dirt bike. I think he thought we were getting him a real motorcycle or something. Kinda funny. So we bought the bike Nate picked out.

Coop wasn't very happy about it until I pointed out the fenders like a real dirt bike has, and asked Nate if we could attach a flag to the back. Then it was like a light went on in his head, and Coop excitedly helped Dad tune up his new bike. The "American-ish" flag we attached is a tiny neon orange marking flag Nate had in his dog training stuff. Add a little duct tape, and voila: a dirt bike with a flag!

Cooper LOVES the fenders and riding his bike through mud and puddles (which we have an abundance of lately). I take him for a ride aroun the neighborhood nearly every day while I get a good walk. He loves his new bike. Here he is in a puddle on our ride this afternoon.





No comments:

Post a Comment