Two things Cooper said today reminded me of his perspective on things, and also made me laugh.
First, Cooper has been learning lately why Daddy works all day, and what his (Cooper's) responsibilities are for our family (be a good boy; make good choices; help mommy with household chores, grocery shopping, and making meals, brush his teeth, etc.). Nate had to go to his uptown office today for work, so I took advantage of him being gone, and set to work deep cleaning his home office. My sidekick, Cooper, thought this an optimal time to play with the computer. He sat at Nate's desk and started pretend typing on the keyboard. I asked what he was doing, and he said, "Typing to make money like Daddy does." Then as if to dismiss me, he picked up the phone and said, "Now I have a meeting," had a little imaginary conversation, hung up, and started typing again. Pretty accurate impression of how he sees Daddy work every day for our family. It was cute and sweet.
Second thing that made me laugh: i'd just toted a basket of clean laundry upstairs and placed it on my bed to fold it later. Coop followed me upstairs, but when ai went back down a few minutes later to make dinner, he wanted to stay. A few minutes later I hear, "Mommy!!" I rushed to the stairs thinking something was wrong, but he replied, "Um, sorry I tipped over your clean clothes all over the floor. It was an accident." I said that was ok, but put them back in the basket, to which he replied, "I just can't Mom. There's too many." His understanding and reasoning skills are maturing, but thankfully remain comical. Love him!
One Last Party
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment