Saturday morning was the morning of all the big consignment sales in our area, something I look forward to twice a year because I get to go SHOPPING for my kids (that is weird to say that in a plural form!), get a lot of needed stuff, and not spend much money. It's fun to me to search to find good deals, and this time was no disappointment.
On top of finding a nearly new bike for Cooper (the ball bearings on his rusted through and seized up a few weeks ago, so we thought we'd find him a "new" one. But more on that later when I get a picture of him on it.), I found enough clothes to finish outfitting the boys for the summer, found a Bumbo seat with a tray for $8.50, and a painting that fits perfectly with the boys room decor for $5. For all pictured here, I only spent $60. I LOVE these consignment sales where you can find good stuff in great condition for super cheap.
The spoils: 4 newborn size sleeper pjs for the baby to wear in the hospital and that first week or two home (I have a TON of 0-3 month, but wanted some special stuff for the hospital and such), 2 little 0-3 outfits for the baby for the summer, a shirt/shorts/hat outfit for 3-6 months, and a lined denim jacket for 3-6 months. For Cooper: 5 shirts and 5 shorts, giving him another complete 5 summer outfits. Unfortunately it was all red, white, and blue, but at least it'll be easy to swap tops and bottoms to form other outfits. I was excited about the Bumbo chair with tray (about a $50 new retail value) for only $8.50, since our "Bumbo" chair was a knock-off brand from a neighbor in Atlanta, and I could never find a tray to fit it, and it didn't hold Cooper like a Bumbo would. This was on my list of "hopeful" items. The painting for their room was a complete stroke of luck.
This is my favorite outfit for the baby, and probably the one I'll bring him home from the hospital in. Another of the sleepers has a matching hat. Any bets that these hats will be too small for our little slugger? But a girl can always hope.
This was my second favorite find for the baby. I'm a sucker for seer suckers and plaid. The little cap was icing on top.
My favorite outfit for Cooper--seer sucker again (little crabs!). I can just see him wearing this on the 4th of July.
Shopping is something I really don't do much of any more, and this was so much fun! I am so ready to get all the baby clothes washed and put in the room, the bedding washed and on, and baby stuff out, but I'm totally making myself wait until April is here. Only another 3 weeks...I can do it.




No comments:
Post a Comment