Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Swimming Lessons

Cooper has taken swimming lessons on and off all winter. He just graduated to the next class level "Preschool III" which is comprised of 3-1/2 to 5 yr olds. He's the youngest in his class, as he has been since he started swim lessons last fall, but the peer pressure from kids a little older seems to help him. Right now he is learning back float, front float with head above water, front float with head below water, how to kick and keep his feet in the water, how to use arm strokes to swim, and how to retrieve diving objects a few feet down.
He's not progressed yet on having his head totally submerged, but will quickly dip his face in and blow bubbles from his nose/mouth. He is very enthusiastic about swimming to the side by himself, as long as it's only a few feet distance. He absolutely refuses to try to retrieve diving toys, but is more interested if he can wear goggles.
I'm proud of Cooper's progress in learning to swim, since I am not a good swimmer myself. It's a skill I want all my children to have and be comfortable with.
Yesterday my Mom asked me to take a few pictures of Coop at swim lessons to share with her, so I thought I'd share here too.









No comments:

Post a Comment