Thursday, November 13, 2014

Cooper's First Day of Junior Kindergarten

The day after we returned from Salter Path, Cooper started school (junior kindergarten).  He was disappointed that his birthday is a month too late for him to go to Kindergarten this year.
Aaaaaaand there's my boy...
As we drove to school that first morning, he said he was nervous.  Then I reminded him that he already went to preschool last year.  He thought for a minute, and then said, "You're right.  I'm not a rookie.  I'm a pro!  I got this!"
Sending him to part-time preschool has been such a good thing for him.  He loves going, has made new friends, is learning new skills (like expanding his attention span, following directions, etc.), and is starting to really learn how to read.  Currently his favorite part of preschool is "writing" (practicing writing letters and numbers).  He writes his name very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment