After our long day at This is the Place, we headed to downtown Salt Lake for dinner and more sight seeing. We ate dinner at the Red Iguana, one of the most amazing authentic Mexican restaurants in Salt Lake. They specialize in mole sauces, and Cooper discovered his favorite was the almond mole. He enjoyed dipping his tortilla chips in the tasting tray, and trying lots of different moles.
After dinner we headed to Temple Square to let the kids run around, and to see the temple. It's such a beautiful place.
The boys enjoyed running and getting some energy out on the grass near the visitor's center. In the winter this is where the nativity is set up. I have so many great memories of visiting Temple Square before Christmas to see the Christmas lights and the nativity.
After being in the stroller most of the day, Hudson could have run for days. Cooper is always glad to get to run and play. I enjoyed the happy laughter from my children with the beautiful temple and tabernacle in the background.
We took a few minutes, and I mean a FEW (the kids were DONE sight-seeing), to visit the large Christus statue in the visitor's center. The walk up the ramp to the rotunda, with the murals of the planets and stars is breathtaking. We didn't stay much longer than for Cooper to touch the toe of the statue, and to take a picture. The kids were still too rowdy and LOUD. Thank goodness no one else was there, but their loudness sure did echo everywhere in that rotunda...
Back outside, we walked over to see the temple and the reflecting pond.
Nate took Hudson for a walk, and Cooper and I sat at the reflecting pond and talked about the temple. I reminded him that this is the temple Nathan and I were married in, and he suddenly wanted a picture.
It was a great day being a tourist in Salt Lake City.







No comments:
Post a Comment