No trip to Utah is complete without visiting my Grandpa and Grandma Christensen. The boys and I went up and spent an afternoon with them. I always love visiting them when it's just us, and there's not a large crowd of family.
When we arrived, Grandpa was tinkering with something he was trying to fix. He can often be found like this, fixing something. He has such a talent to repair just about anything. It's quite remarkable, really, and I never tire of seeing him involved in doing work like this.
Cooper had remembered the big yellow truck and the hill in the backyard, so it wasn't long before the boys were outside playing. I love this picture of them with their Great Grandpa, Kurt Jay Christensen. Hudson's middle name is "Jay" after both his Grandpa, and Great-Grandpa Christensen.
Cooper discovered the joy of Grandma's organ, and I remembered how to hook up the headphones for him. How many times did I play like this as a child? Grandma has had this organ longer than I've been alive. Fun to watch Cooper play with things I remember.
Hudson and his Great-Grandmother, Lela Guymon Christensen. Hudson is 14 months in this picture, and Grandma is just a few weeks shy of 88 years.
No trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house would be complete without playing with the marble track! This is why most of the great grandchildren call them "Grandma and Grandpa Marbles."
Camyll and her children came to join us.
And soon Nate and my parents joined us too.
Jaisie enjoyed playing Grandma's piano. She's 3 years old in this picture.
Grandpa in his chair.
My grandparents have many toys in their basement that they kept from when their children were young. These are toys my father, uncles, and aunts played with, that me and my siblings and cousins played with, and now a third generation is enjoying them. They don't make toys to last this long any more.
Papa and Hudson at the organ.
This picture was taken by my Uncle Kay's wife, Cindy. It's her daughter taking a piano lesson from my Grandmother, but I had to share it because I love it so. Grandma has been teaching piano lessons for over 65 years, and is about as expert a piano teacher as you'll ever find. She's even written curriculum for piano teachers, called "Magic Piano Keys." She has some amazing musical abilities.











No comments:
Post a Comment